August 7, 2019
Senior Industrial Designer – Shenzhen and US
XDynamics is a fast-growing company for providing UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) solutions in Hong Kong, with offices in China and United States.
We are looking for high caliber candidates to fill the following positions.
- Adaptable with cross-functional teams and establish the design brief, including the concept, performance and production criteria in line with company core mission and value.
- Working on ideas as part of a team or developing design concepts using CAD.
- Identifying the suitability and availability of materials.
- Producing detailed, final hand drawings and specifications or using dedicated computer software to produce design specifications, including parts lists and costing.
- Making samples or working models by hand or using computerized prototyping equipment.
- Testing the design concept by computerized modeling or physical hands-on testing of models.
- Researching materials, processes or market requirements.
- Work closely with external resources and suppliers to drive on-time delivery of components and devices.
- Degree or above in Product, industrial design and preferably 7+ years’ experience
- Good command in Chinese and English would be highly desirable
- Self-starter with passion for innovation, development of new, better products and Industrial Design
- Experience in robotics, automobile and drone is a plus.
- Great sketching skill, conceptualization, ideation, strong problem-solving ability, understanding of materials, human factors, and what it takes to make a product successful
- Excellent in SolidWorks, KeyShot, Adobe Creative Suite (AI, PS, etc)
- Microsoft Office, Rhinoceros, ProE and other 3D CAD software are a plus.
- Develop innovative mechanical designs solutions is an advantage.
- Familiarity with plastics, metal applications and tooling manufacturing processes.
- Engineering background is a plus
- Strong presentation skill both on paper (illustrator/in-design) and in person
- willing to travel to other regional hubs or overseas as project demands
- Candidates with less experiences will be considered as industrial designer.