- Work with cross-functional teams and establish the design brief, including the concept, performance and production criteria in line with company core mission and value
- Working on ideas as part of a team or developing design concepts using CAD
- Identifying the suitability and availability of materials
- Producing detailed, final hand drawings and specifications or using dedicated computer software to produce design specifications, including parts lists and costing
- Making samples or working models by hand or using computerized prototyping equipment
- Testing the design concept by computerized modeling or physical hands-on testing of models
- Researching materials, processes or market requirements
- Arranging meetings and liaising with engineers and other departments to discuss and negotiate appropriate production processes, costs and commercial issues
- Making presentations to senior management to present design proposals.
- Work closely with external resources and suppliers to drive on-time delivery of components and devices
- Self-starter with passion for innovation, development of new, better products and Industrial Design
- Should have a confident, outspoken and expressive outgoing personality
- Ability to bring a strong contribution within a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team environment.
- Experience in electrical household appliances, consumer electronics, consumer goods is definitely an advantage
- Capacity to listen, analyze and understand briefings, guidelines and design inputs
- Great sketching skill, conceptualization, ideation, strong problem solving ability, understanding of materials, human factors, and what it takes to make a product successful
- Excellent in SolidWorks, KeyShot, Adobe Creative Suite (AI, PS etc)
- Microsoft Office, Rhinoceros, ProE and other 3D CAD software are a plus
- Ability to understand and develop innovative mechanical designs solutions is an advantage
- Familiarity with plastics, metal applications and tooling manufacturing processes
- Engineering background is a plus
- Experience working with Chinese manufacturers is a plus
- Strong presentation skill both on paper (Illustrator/InDesign) and in person
- Good communication skills in English (written/spoken) and Cantonese/Putonghua is a must
- Ability to work under tight timeline and under pressure
- Excellent creativity with common sense and user-oriented conception in mind
- Willing to travel to China or overseas as project demands
- Immediate availability is an advantage
- Candidates must have a Bachelor Degree or above, in Product/Industrial Design, with 3 to 5 years work experience.
- Salary: Negotiable upon experience, credentials and capabilities.
Data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
We offer attractive & competitive salary and benefits, as well as exciting work environment. If you have the desire for an exciting and rewarding career, please send us your resume, stating your current and expected salary by email email@example.com.