Design always means a series development process from abstract ideas to feasible solutions. In between, those idea need cross input and evaluation from various specialists. UAVs always involve complicated movement, structures and materials, to create a reliable, breakthrough solutions. It is critically important to involve design testing, design evaluation and choice of material as early as possible. The role of a design engineer will to facilitate bridging the ‘concept idea’ to a ‘feasible solution’.
- Work with cross-functional teams and establish the design brief, including the concept, performance and production criteria in line with company core mission and value.
- Working on ideas as part of a team or developing design concepts using CAD.
- Producing detailed, final hand drawings and specifications or using dedicated computer software to produce design specifications, including parts lists and costing.
- Arranging meetings and liaising with engineers and other departments to discuss and negotiate appropriate production processes, costs and commercial issues.
- Generation and evaluation of mechanical design elements during early concept generation and development stages.
- Facilitate and oversee testing and development of block modes, initial working prototypes to prove ideas and mechanical feasibility.
- Research and liaise with vendors / manufactures to help refine preliminary ideas into feasible solutions.
- Pass knowledge gain from each stage of the development process onto the rest of the R&D team to enhance future ideas / create a resource directory.
- Ability to bring a strong contribution within a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team environment.
- Experience in electrical household appliances, consumer electronics, consumer goods is definitely an advantage.
- Capacity to listen, analyse and understand briefings, guidelines and design inputs.
- Strong understanding and practical ability of mechanical design and design evaluation.
- Need to be able to perform mechanical calculations and detailed material selection knowledge.
- Proficient in Solidworks, Excel, MS Project and other related engineering software. (Computer simulation knowledge preferred e.g. FEA)
- Good team player, open mind, willing to share quickly and enjoy multicultural working environment.
- Good communication skills in English (written/spoken) is a must, working proficiency in Putonghua is a plus.
- Familiarity with plastics, metal applications and tooling manufacturing processes.
- Ability to work under tight timeline and under pressure.
- Excellent creativity with common sense and user-oriented conception in mind.
- Willing to travel to China or overseas as project demands.
- Immediate availability is an advantage.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree or above, in Design Engineering or Product/Industrial Design, with 3 years minimum work experience.
We offer attractive & competitive salary and benefits, as well as exciting work environment. If you desire for an exciting and rewarding career, please send us your resume, stating your current and expected salary by email to email@example.com.
Data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.